FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles and points blogs censor comments?
Old May 7, 2013, 12:19 pm
kokonutz
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by sbm12

So it is OK to censor someone if you disagree with them?

"Calling someone out" is very different from editing their comment so that it appears they wrote something different than they actually did.
I think you may misunderstood my post. By 'correct the comment' I did not mean EDIT the comment. That is just wrong no matter what, as it is tantamount to putting you words in someone else's mouth.

By 'correct,' I more precisely meant 'rebut.' The way VFTW rebutted my linkback with a teasing jab.

OTOH, I could see leaving and responding to the comment but redacting the link to the affiliate if the owner considered the link to be spam.

When FlyerTalk first started the only moderator was Randy. His moderation style was pretty random and arbitrary. But it did not drive business away. biddingfortravel had a very severe approach to moderation and imho it very definitely drove customers away. So moderation is, imho, simply one among many marketplace decision for these entrepreneurs to take.
Originally Posted by yerffej201
I think this is clouding the boundaries a bit. Should we change categories to include bloggers who censor when they want, censor when there's extremem profanity, and add another category where comments are moderated before they're posted? @:-)
It's nice that we consumers have this place to compare the marketplace decisions that the various service providers have made. ^

I would say: wiki away!