FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bluebird prepaid debit, now with FDIC insurance and paper checks (2013-2014)
Old May 7, 2013, 12:03 pm
sullim4

Programs: AS; Hyatt Globalist; Hilton Gold; NEXUS
Originally Posted by Explore
So I ordered paper checks for myself, but if you fund BB via debit cards bought with credit cards, you will always owe what you deposit. So you might as well pay off CCs from Bluebird and issue checks from your ordinary bank checking account as always, right?
Interesting that you bring this up because I've been considering BB for awhile now and just signed up yesterday.

The only reason I could see not paying off a CC bill is that you're afraid of the ban hammer. I'd imagine that deposits of, say, $5000 every month and then a bill payment of $5000 has to set off some accounting red flag for manual review of your account.

I just refi'ed my mortgage and am planning on using it for that, plus a water bill and my electric bill - the three things I currently can't pay via CC. The remainder every month I'll probably send to my CC.

I am sure this has been answered upthread but I thought I'd ask anyway - if the biller is in the automatic system, does it mean that the payment will be electronically sent, or is it still possible that a check might be issued? The reason I ask is because I'd rather not risk my mortgage payment being late due to a paper check being issued - I'd rather Provident just ACH it out of my account instead of risking late fees.