FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Which miles and points blogs censor comments?
Old May 7, 2013, 9:21 am
sbm12
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
I actually found myself censoring this week. Another blogger came by my post and put his affiliate link into it. I felt that was out of line, especially as he did it ignoring my content that already dealt with the subject.

I then made a post about it today!
And the best part is how you misrepresented what I wrote in your blog to justify your actions.

You contacted me and said you were going to edit the comment. I suggested you delete it instead if you thought it was spam. You chose to edit it anyways and not inform me of that decision, effectively representing your thoughts with my name on them. Congratulations on managing to censor, mislead and misrepresent, all in one move.
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Personally, I think your original action was perfect: correct the comment and call out the linkback as a blatant money-grab (assuming that's what you think it was).
So it is OK to censor someone if you disagree with them?

"Calling someone out" is very different from editing their comment so that it appears they wrote something different than they actually did.