FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA PreCheck Expands Expedited Screening Benefits for International Travel
Old May 7, 2013, 9:12 am
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EsquireFlyer
But nothing in this thread even says that Asian countries have stated any objections to PreCheck. So, are you presuming all four of these things? (1) that Japan, Korea, etc. which require re-screening, all set strict requirements on pax arriving from the US, (2) they have all determined that PreCheck screening does not meet those requirements, and (3) they are disallowing PreCheck for pax bound to Japan/Korea/etc., and (4) thus, the TSA announcement authorising PreCheck for int'l pax does not apply to pax going to Asia?

That's a lot to presume based on no offical statements or other evidence...
I'm basing my speculation on this:

Originally Posted by NY Times Q&A with Pistole
Q. When will the program cover international travel?

A. We reached an agreement with the European Union, Canada and Australia for them to accept PreCheck passengers from the United States. So starting in the near future, those people that are part of PreCheck or Global Entry will be allowed to go through PreCheck when they fly internationally.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/01/bu...rity.html?_r=0

Presumably there is something about Pre that requires permission from other countries. Or maybe not. But I don't think it is that big a leap given Pistole's statement.