FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 2:30 pm
sk8uno

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
What's the shortest time anyone has waited between canceling Visa CSP and applying for MC CSP? My annual fee is due this month, so I was thinking of downgrading to Freedom, waiting a month, and then applying for MC CSP. The timing is important because I have an upcoming international trip and I'd really like to use the CSP, but I also don't want to pay the fee on my current card. If a month is too short, I could just use another card overseas and try for the MC CSP later.
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
I had a Visa CSP x years ago, but closed it out about 7 months ago. What is the timeframe for opening the MC CSP? Does it run from account opening or closing?
Got CSP Visa 01/2012. Converted to CS Visa 02/2013. Closed CS Visa early April 2013. Applied for CSP MC 4/23/2013. Approved. Have yet to hit minimum spend, though, so can't guarantee it works as desired.

I applied for the CSP MC through creditcards.com. It didn't show up when I just looked under Mastercard on the site, but it showed up when I searched the site for "Sapphire Preferred Mastercard".