FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SW gates at Midway
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 2:11 pm
snoopoz

Programs: Southwest | A-list preferred + CP || Marriott | Gold
Originally Posted by GroverL
I have a tight connection in Midway to Seattle. Are all SW's gates in the same concourse, or might I have to switch? I'll be traveling with my grandmother who may or may not need wheelchair assistance, so I want to be prepared for how rushed we'll need to be.
How long until these flights? Within a day or so of them, you could probably find out the gate assignments on flightaware.com or somewhere similar, and then formulate a plan.

As the other responder said, you could probably pre-board with your grandmother, sit right in the front, and then get off as soon as the plane parks. The flight attendants are usually pretty good about helping people with connections. Also, MDW has a bunch of high-school age looking people who transport wheelchair passengers around the airport.

MDW is basically a Y-shaped terminal, and Southwest takes up almost the entirety of 2 prongs of the Y, so if your connections are on opposite ends, it could take awhile. That said, most of the flights do go in and out of the B-concourse, so hopefully you don't have much of a walk.