FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - best noise isolating earplugs?
View Single Post
Old May 5, 2013, 7:53 am
sdemw

Originally Posted by CPRich
I agree that the Vsonic GR07 are the best sound quality for the price, but I found them to be much less effective at isolating external sounds than my previous Shures and Ety's. I just ordered some Airbud tips, and am going to see if the various Shure/Ety tips I have will fit.

If OP is actually asking about earplugs, as asked, rather then music listening devices, as answered, Leight MAXs are the best I've found, at NRR33. And at about $1/pair, hard to beat in price. For the ultimate isolation, I've wrapped a set of PlaneQuiet NC earmuffs around them. But I do that rarely, as it's bulky and much more to carry.
Point well taken on the OP purpose!
On the Vsonic's I've had to really play with the tips to get it optimized. I actually use different ones in each ear and it works pretty well form me, and for my ear better than my last set of Westone 3's. Would be interested to know how the tip experiments go, always interested to know if I could make my set up better! Also contemplating going to an external amp, although seems like overkill while travelling.

For ear plugs haven't tried the Leight MAX's but will given them a try. Try out the Air Soft plugs as well.

sdemw.