FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Priority of AC Employees vs. Status Passengers
Old May 4, 2013, 7:04 pm
yvr76

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
I think youīre talking apples and oranges. The captain and FAs would have their own crew meals on intīl flights and I wouldnīt expect them to give it to a pax (although I have seen it happen).

The OP was about a captain sitting in J who received a meal while a fellow pax in J didnīt. Thatīs a very different story IMO.
Couple stories to share:

Mrs. YVR is gluten intolerant. She doesn't request a special meal because she doesn't have celiac's. On YVR SFO flight a couple years back there was only pasta left when they got to her. The SD checked with the Captain (in the cockpit) and she was offered his meal.

On CUN YYZ earlier this year, with off-duty crew in J. SD asked all pax their meal preference in order of row #, without prioritizing revenue pax or SEs (not sure how many others there were on the flight except for me).

Interestingly, on the CUN YYZ flight I was not offered an LMU for my nephew seated in Y (tried OLCI and asked at the gate and was informed flight was full). Yet somehow at least 2 off duty crew were in J (and where definitely too young for the 15 or 25 years of service J pass).