FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New boarding pass notification for TSA PreCheck
Old May 4, 2013, 11:32 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by sky303
No problem. Happy preChecking. According to my interviewing officer, GE members should anticipate preCheck on 100% of domestic itineraries, which has proven true for me.
I've been in GE for a while and haven't gotten PreCheck 100% in airports that have it for domestic itineraries, although the one fail that I remember in particular made me suspect that the TSA document checker had the ability to turn off the three beeps for particular passengers. There were several of us in a row, all in a hurry, who expressed surprise not to get the beeps while someone who had let us go in front when her documents weren't ready did get the three beeps. Overall, I'm at about 95% for airports and itineraries where I should be eligible and about 7% for getting it on itineraries where I should not have been eligible (domestic connection to TPAC flight on the same itinerary).

AFAIK if one books domestic connections to international on separate itineraries (not wise for many reasons, including perhaps not being to check bags through), one would get PreCheck for the domestic itinerary. If you didn't need to leave airside (such as to change terminals at certain airports), you would have effectively received PreCheck for international. If everything is specific to particular tickets/itineraries, the computer wouldn't discover that you're going international the same day, right?