FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade Priority of AC Employees vs. Status Passengers
Old May 2, 2013, 11:39 am
The Lev
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by YTZHomeBase
So to summarize all the posts here the normal approach for AC is to upgrade all passengers with status using upgrade Credits before employee travel. What about status passengers who are not using credits vs. employee travel?
I think I (and likely many other posters here) misinterpreted your first post where you said "I thought I had a good chance of getting an upgrade due to me SE status" to be referring to an upgrade using eUpgrades. It now appears that what you were hoping for was a "free upgrade, or what we tend to call an op-up.

Air Canada is not in the habit of providing "free" upgrades to its customers (even SE's) unless there is a compelling reason to do so - i.e. Economy is overbooked and they have to make space. In such situations as a SE, you'd be at or near the top of the list and before employees.

If Y is not overbooked and there is space available in J it will either go out empty or be made available to staff and their family.

Personally I have no problem with that.