FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [2013 NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your AA-Related Questions Here (flame free)
Old May 1, 2013, 8:55 am
ausexpatinusa

Programs: MileagePlus, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Air New Zealand Air Points, Virgin Australia Velocity
PriorityAAccess boarding with non-elite travel companions

My sister is a Qantas Silver/ oneworld Ruby member. My mother is a Qantas Bronze member (ie. non-elite). They both booked seats on an AA roundtrip flight from LAX to Vegas using points. I want to join them for the one way leg from Vegas to LAX. I am an AAdvantage member but non-elite. I don't anticipate having checked baggage or changes so I want to book the cheapest "Choice" fare.

What I'm wondering is, 1) Will my sister have PriorityAAccess when boarding due to oneworld Ruby status? 2) If so, can both my mother and I board at the same time as my sister as her traveling companions? Is there a limit to the number of non-elites who can board saying "I'm with her" for PriorityAAccess?

I haven't booked my flight and none of us have seats assigned yet. Once I am booked, would calling AA directly be the easiest way to make sure we have seats together?

Thanks all.