FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Same-Day Travel Change (SDC) Fees/Questions *now with WikiPost* {pre-2015 Archive}
Old Apr 30, 2013, 6:31 pm
pizzabox
Used to be 'joony'

Programs: General Member!
Originally Posted by alex_b
Try the website or kiosk on the day of travel, I know that CPUs work on US codeshares on UA metal so no reason why the computer wouldn't do the same for SDC.
Noticed that there were some threads about SDC on US ticketed stock but UA metal (Hi Jackal!).

Trip a few weekends back: during the day of travel, more like 1AM in the morning for a 3pm flight, I was able to get an agent on the Premier line to SDC me to an evening flight. This is after failing the afternoon before during the SDC window (the quoted thread details my failed attempt). Either I got really lucky and the agent did not notice the US ticket number, or my conjecture is that SDC may be possible with phone assist on non UA stock IF it is the day of travel AND it is the last segment on the itinerary with UA metal. Note, once she did the first SDC, all the other SDC options came up in the iPhone app once the agent did the first SDC. [on a side note, just the usual SDC routings on a US R fare mapped to UA G fare, nothing special]