FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some Paid Upgrades Count Towards PQD & mileage bonus and some DON'T!
Old Apr 30, 2013, 12:03 pm
FlyWorld

Originally Posted by Jackstay
Aside from the OP's main point which has to do with bonus PQMs, what happens to such a ticket during IRROPS, overbooking, or a cancellation? If the flight happens as scheduled then okay, but what if it does not? What "rights" to first class carriage are conferred by the change in booking code versus a change in fare basis?
I have personal experience with this one.

Prioritization for negative treatment during IRROPS is based on a combination of status and fare class.

When you buy up, at a discount, your resulting fare class is either P or Z or it's something else, but in any case, it's lower than a full fare customer.

So, they will protect full fare customers first. You're at the bottom of the list.

And, frankly, this is only fair, as someone who paid 2x what you paid should be protected at higher priority.

I still don't understand the difference between fare basis and booking code and I'm not sure what happens if booking code is different from fare basis - which is looked at, which takes precedence.