FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comfort Suites Paradise Island
View Single Post
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:45 pm
wise2u

blah

used points for 8 nights at Grand Cayman CS...they tried to add in taxes and service charges of $30 per day on the award. I specifically asked Choice reservations about this and was assured they did not apply. Took 20 minutes talking to GM to get him to waive it. He came up with some fabricated confirmation letter (never sent to us) that contained a disclaimer on taxes, and multiple excuses before he finally relented. He even went as far as to blame choice rewards for not making it clear on their site that his hotel adds on taxes and multiple fees. (the only one they state, is a 8.80 energy surcharge, and it says it "may" apply) he cried that even though the hotel res was paid with points that they had to pay based on the value of those points $30 a day to the govenment for taxes and to the staff as service charge. I need to find someone to ask about this in the choice rewards department, I bet he pads his bottom line with 9 out of 10 guests using reward points. and if the 10th person complains like i did, he "does them a favor" and waives them.
I've had reward stays at many choice hotels in a few different countries and have never been charged anything except maybe a safe fee. Have any of you been charged taxes or fees on an award?

Last edited by wise2u; Apr 29, 2013 at 12:48 pm Reason: added last line