FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HA day of flight switch from A330 to old 767
Old Apr 28, 2013, 11:16 pm
fly747first
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Oakshadow
Had booked a specific flight in First Class because it was an A330. I've flown this aircraft in F before on HA and really liked it.

To my shock when I boarded I saw it was an old un-refurbished 767. Uncomfortable old cramped seats. No AVOD (those "digeplayers" are awful, greasy, scratched and mine kept on freezing. Also you can't have a meal and watch at the same time.). Obviously no power outlets or USB ports (when this plane was built, anything like USB was something out of a science fiction novel). Ran out of power on my laptop in which I intended on doing work on.

The FAs voiced their unhappiness at the equipment swap too. They say it was because the scheduled A330 was stuck in LAS. I looked at the weather in Vegas that day and there was no WX issues.

Would've chosen DL where I have Gold Medallion status over HA where I have no status had I known this was going to be a flying dump. DL has flying dumps too, but at least I get status perks and earn MQMs and DL doesn't market/promise anything better, at least on their Hawaii flights.

Yes I know the language of the COC says something like "aircraft can change at any time etc.", but still.

I wrote to HA but so far have no received a response. What would be a fair compensation for this bait-and-switch?
I understand your disappointment with HA, but all airlines reserve the right to change the aircraft for operational reasons and it happens quite frequently especially on worse airlines like UA.