FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Emirates (EK) awards availability/booking/routing thread
Old Apr 27, 2013, 12:23 am
BarryL

Programs: Alaska LTG, HHonors-Gld, IHG-Dia, LT MR Ti
Originally Posted by SFO777
More EK award bull-crap.

A few months ago, I booked two IAH-DXB-IAH EK First tickets for next fall, before EK pulled all NA-DXB T+14 inventory. Tonight I received an EF alert advising that DXB-JBN Z seats were now available on the date we were planning to travel to JNB. I called the partner desk to add this segment, but was told that EK won't let them just add a segment. They first have to cancel our IAH-DXB seats, hope our two seats go back into Z inventory, and then we can book IAH-DXB-JNB. Since EK has pulled all xUS Z inventory, odds that our two seats will go back into Z inventory are slim and none. I can't even book a separate EK DXB-JNB ticket as AS is unable to book any awards the don't start or end in the US.

We'll see who has the last laugh on this one as I now have a back-up US-AUH-JNB reservation for the same dates on EY and in First.
Damn that really sucks. Partner desk told me EK was the only airline who required 'married segments' for each way of your journey.

How did you find out all N America - DXB Z inventory was pulled? Partner desk?

Just checking some random dates of SEA-DXB, in the past I could always find Z2, don't see much until Sept 2013... And it's always Z1. A lot of days don't even have N. Not good.

Last edited by BarryL; Apr 27, 2013 at 12:32 am