FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The stupid PNR auto-splitting at T-24 needs to stop
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:13 am
alex_b

Programs: BA Gold, UA Nobody, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by ger3sf
Today I did OLCI for the outbound to LAS tomorrow and declined the split. Both 1K on a single pnr did not clear at T-96. Upgrade eligible arrow for outbound segment disappeared from my itin (remained on return segment on Sun).

Now, we thought splitting wouldn't be so bad even if only one of us clears. So I called the 1K line to go ahead and split the pnr. What the 1K agent then said surprised me...he said that even without the split pnr, the system will sweep all eligible pax for CPU at T-12 and T-3.

So even if our names are not on the mobile app's UG list, we could still be upgraded (assuming status fare basis rules still apply). Does that sound plausible?
The choice you have is trading the potential clearance outbound for the ability of your companion to automatically clear on the return (and potential loss of E+ and baggage perks though this is easily fixable). Depending on the
relative value and whether you'll be able to babysit your reservation in Vegas you can decide whether to split or not.

As for the CPU at -12 and -3; I've not experienced a sweep in those windows, but others have and it seems to come from the hidden list rather than the airport list.