FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:13 pm
habshabs444

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Just wondering if anyone can give me their 2 cents re: a schedule change in my mini RTW that I booked a few months ago for July. The itinerary is as follows:

YOW-YYZ - AC Y
YYZ-ORD - UA J
ORD-NRT - NH F
NRT-HKG - NH J
HKG-BKK - TG F
BKK-MUC - TG F
MUC-VIE - OS J
VIE-FRA - OS J
FRA-ORD - UA F
ORD-YOW - UA J

Every once in awhile I check my itinerary to make sure there haven't been any schedule changes and when I checked the other day, the AE website wouldn't let me pull it up which based on past experience usually means some sort of itinerary change, thus I checked all of the flights and it appears that my YYZ-ORD on UA J has been downgraded to Y only and the timing has changed slightly.

Given that I think I will be making another couple itinerary changes including changing the FRA-ORD to LH F when it finally opens up a few weeks out, do you think I will be able to make multiple changes under the guise of the original downgauge and not have to pay the change fee? I realize that UA Y isn't the worst case scenario for a less than 2 hr flight, however, since I am entitled to and initially booked J, I shouldn't have an issue requesting the change to an earlier flight on AC without paying for any YQ.