FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - When was your first DL (or predecessor) Flight?
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:57 pm
HongKonger
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by scm53
Originally Posted by jrl22
NA was acquired by PA, and much of PA was later acquired by DL, so to my mind it certainly counts (you will notice I included my first NA flight in Dec 72)
Well, the DL museum doesn't recognize NA as a predecessor. That is actually a pretty cool history in visual form.

My first DL flight was october, 1970, a DC-8, IAH to ATL and on to CHS to look at colleges. Wound up going to school in CHS, so numerous memories after that -- landing in ATL at night in the upper deck of a 747, ORD-ATL. Riding the shuttle bus out to the parked DC-9 for ATL-CHS, and seeing the turning L-100 freighters being loaded with pallets of cargo. Seeing the nervous Marine recruits waiting in the terminal in ATL to board the flight to CHS - clutching their manila envelopes and not much else. One last drink before the party started -- which started in the terminal in CHS with an awaiting DI. Getting your seat assignment at the gate as they pulled round tabbed stickers off a master sheet showing open seats. The stickers went on your boarding pass and off you went.
The stickers are still used to assign seats on a lot of ferries running in the south China sea e.g. HKG-Macau.