FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No-show 100% penalty starts September 13, 2013 for travel booked starting May 10
Old Apr 25, 2013, 11:20 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
mke9499, I took the liberty of moving your valuable post to a new thread to highlight it for people who skim the forum topics.

The article is silent on points bookings. My guess is that the treatment will be analogous: points will NOT be redeposited if you no-show your points reservation when its original points cost was based on a WGA or Ding fare. Although I would not be surprised if Southwest "needs some extra time to board" that aspect of the change.

We are fortunate that this change does not require cancellation hours before scheduled departure. The only effect on my travel will be more careful use of the flat-tire rule. Until now I had until about 1 hour AFTER scheduled departure to decide whether or not I was going to use my ticket. Now I have to decide by the scheduled departure. That's quite fair.

Although we FT'ers like to whine, I don't see anything here about which we can justifiably complain.