FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 App-O-Rama (AOR) and Churn Advice Archive
Old Apr 24, 2013, 8:57 pm
phantasmic

Originally Posted by mintcilantro:20647789

I made several mistakes like you when I started. It's ok as long as you learn from them.
  • I learned painfully not to trust bloggers. They push only a small subset of lucrative cards and they may not be right for you. Finding cards that are right for you is time consuming. Do your research but don't be afraid to ask FTers
  • Next, I didn't realize the importance of starting relationships with all major banks. Keeping accounts active with them for a while definitely helps in recon calls.
  • Also, it's important to be ready to jump on deals as they come. So it's important to wait out periods when special offers are not available.
Great list, thank you. I have used referral links from some of the bloggers because I really did learn from them but I have noticed that there are many other cards that they don't always mention or promote. So far I have not tried Bank of America and US bank failed but maybe recon can help with club Carlson... If not I will try another time. Or maybe see if they have an easier card to get with no annual fee that I can keep for a long time to build a relationship?