FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Pre-Check for United Airlines Passengers - Questions and Experiences (2013)
Old Apr 24, 2013, 7:44 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by landrew
Unrelated, but interestingly there is now a Nexus lane (precheck equivalent I think) at security for domestic Canadian flights at YVR which I did not notice last time through. Very limited hours, though.
Not correct - Nexus security line is not a "precheck equivilant." Its basically a separate line that pretty much guarantees WTMD, and none of the other machines. But shoes, jackets, etc. have to come out, laptops out of bags (unless a sleeve), just like regular security. Plus...the line is only for Nexus members, you can not get in any other way, so you have to have a Nexus card to get in the line. Perhaps a GE card will work, but it definitely doesn't specify anywhere. IIRC, these lines have been available at the major Canadian airports for domestic Canada departures for a couple of years at least, but only started for US departures last year, maybe summer/fall?

Originally Posted by aslanlab
I tried to search through this thread and I didn't see an answer to this question. If I am pre on delta and I always get my 3 beeps, if I fly on United and all of my secure passenger data is there would I get to go through the United Precheck line if on a United flight?
You'd need to go onto your MP profile (if you have one) and check the box that you'd like to be considered. Whether you get it or not is a different story - if you don't have any UA FF status, my guess is it unlikely you'll get it. Unless you have global entry, and then you can add your number to use that status.