FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Fairmont Chase Signature Card
View Single Post
Old Apr 24, 2013, 4:36 pm
Jasper2009
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Kay_nyc
I have no experience with Fairmont hotels, but I'm thinking of adding this card to my next churn, and I want to make sure I really understand the third night benefit before I apply. I've read through the last couple of pages, and my understanding is that in addition to the two nights that come with the crdit card sign on bonus, I can get a third night thanks to the premier status that comes with cardmembership. When does that third night post? I understand the status year starts in March, and that new certs for premier members post in March. Does it make sense to delay the application until Jan or February so that my 2 card certs post around the same time as the premier night? Or will the third night post whenever Fairmont recognizes my status? I'm planning on using the certs on a long weekend getaway, and three night are definitely better than two.
The 3rd night free cert is deposited into your account as soon as your status is upgraded to Premier, though I´m not sure whether they deposit a cert in Jan./Feb. and then another one on March 1.

Also, just to confirm you´re aware of this: You need to actually pay for two nights when using the 3rd noight free cert (i.e. you couldn´t use the 3rd night free cert and the two free night certs on a 3 night stay).