FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some ambassador renew and RA referral questions. Thanks!
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:18 pm
Daniel on the way
Suspended

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Some ambassador renew and RA referral questions. Thanks!

I bought Ambassador membership last May and this January my friend referred me as a RA. But IHG said since my ambassador membership expired on Jul.1 2013 my RA also expired that day. The good thing is they also sent me a RA referral. I am new with RA and have some questions:

1. Can I refer myself as a RA? ( I know it is just a basic question, I want to confirm, thanks!)

2. If yes, when would be the best time to send the RA referral certificate?

3. I read this forum and find information that some people recommend first pay to pay $200 to renew ambassador membership and then send RA, I can get two weekend certificate and two 5000 points. If I first send RA referral, I do not need to pay that $200. Is that right?

4. Last year I saw some options to renew ambassador membership. One is to get 10% redemption discount. That is huge for me point stay will be counted for stay credit and I have many PC points. Is this option still available?

5. I checked my account page, there is a renew reminder. But when i click it, it automatically jump to Ambassador homepage and i cannot find renew option. How should I renew?

6. I have chase PC visa card with 10% redemption discount. If I choose the option in question 4, can I get combined 20% redemption points discount? Anyone has this experience?

I know I have too many questions. Thank you in advance.