FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 50 Unique Hotels Visited – 1 Free Night Gift (Targetted) - including poll - Over?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 2:06 am
RTW1

No you're not. It's basic communications 101.... for every negative comment that is made there are a lot more out there that feel the same but keep quite. Not addressing those is about the worse you can do... and using that BS PR language might be even worse.

But if you are blinded by only the good things of a program (it's not mutual exclusive you know) and cannot see this, it's not much use discussing it further. I guess the people that are running GP still think that the internet doesn't exist. These kind of promo's were probably a good idea when the information would be contained to the one receiving the gift. Times have changed though.....now informing your customers what you are doing and addressing their issues is what's needed. Something they handle quite good when there is a negative comment about an hotel stay. Not so much when it concerns their own responsibility like the GP program or the disfunctional website.

If I didn't like most of the GP program, or more specifically the service some of the hotels provide, I wouldn't even bother anymore and would be long gone.

Last edited by RTW1; Apr 23, 2013 at 3:09 am