FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfer Membership Rewards points to which airline or hotel program? [2008 - 2014]
Old Apr 22, 2013, 2:42 pm
alexxgr

Originally Posted by Brendan
Alexxgr, yes, do phone Aeroplan. Their Website is mediocre at showing availability. Any *A flight available on UA miles should be available on AC miles. Be sure to ask about the direct flight ATL--FRA, probably on LH! Only bad thing about using AC miles vs. UA is that AC charges ~$300 in Fuel Surcharges ("YQ") on its own flights & certain partners.
Also, try to talk them out of the Phone Booking Fee by pointing out that U tried to book the direct flight online, but it did not display!
Remember that you're allowed 1 (or is it 2) "stopover(s)" (spending days in a city on the way to your main destination OR 1 stopover + 1 "open-jaw" (mixing of cities.) Do you really want to go ONLY to Frankfurt, or also somewhere else?
Thanks Brendan. So, there's no way I can transfer Amex to UA without a huge loss of points (like Amex- SPG- UA)?

Regarding your question - my final destination would a city in Russia - GOJ.
I have some miles with Lufthansa I can use in order to book the ticket FRA-GOJ-FRA, so I figured I just need a flight to FRA.

Any issues with this plan? I guess I can't transfer Amex points to Lufthansa, can I.