FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First trip Abroad, want to see Asia
View Single Post
Old Apr 22, 2013, 11:55 am
peteyhill

First trip Abroad, want to see Asia

Hey guys. I'm 28 and a very experienced domestic flyer, but I have never been out of the U.S. I would describe myself as a bit of a history/culture buff, but I do love to go out at night and have a good time. I'm not the club type, but I would like bars with a local flare and some tourists from Europe possibly.

I have no experience booking multiple legs of a trip. I have always round tripped from one city back home. I'm looking for tips on to how navigate this, or websites that will allow me to search/research prices on these types of flights.

The facts:

-- Traveling Solo
-- 2,000-3,000 budget
-- Flexible Dates but I think about 9 days would be the maximum I could stay away from work
-- Leaving from ATL with flexible dates. Most connections from here that I've found generally go through Seoul (Incheon)
-- I don't want to "rough it," but I don't have 5-star taste either. I'm not the backpacking sort, so I assume with my budget that I will be looking at countries like Vietnam/Thailand as opposed to Japan/Singapore etc.
-- Shopping doesn't interest me unless it's trying local food

I just want to maximize my vacation and see at least two different areas. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by peteyhill; Apr 22, 2013 at 12:04 pm