FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Liverpool Street - London - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Apr 21, 2013, 11:03 am
oc2005
Suspended

Had a very nice stay here a week ago and would definitely stay here again. I really enjoy the HR London/Churchill, but for future trips, I think I'll definitely split my time between the two since each have their own advantages. Had afternoon tea in 1901 restaurant which was very nice -- I thought it was just as good quality as the Churchill, but much quieter setting (and 1901 was a spectacular room -- could have been a museum). Next morning had the choice between the buffet in 1901 (which we choose and was wonderful) or off the menu.

Used points to upgrade to an Andaz Suite and while the room would have been a fantastic standard room, it was a bit of a strech to call it a suite. You walk into the bedroom (which is never a good setup for a suite), and the bedroom has a king bed and a sofa, plus a tv that is almost impossible to see from either the bed or the sofa. Then you continue into a very, very small second room with a desk and arm chair, and then continue to the bathroom. Finishings in the bathroom were nice but not luxurious. I would have been thrilled with this room as a standard room, but it was one of the smallest (and worst laid out) suites I've stayed in.