FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS issues travel advisory for Sequestration
Old Apr 21, 2013, 10:47 am
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by apodo77
Saw this posted on the AA forum and found it interesting and probably has some merit:

The airlines' trade group is trying to sue to prevent the furloughs from taking place at the FAA. The real purpose of the email is for AA (and the airline industry generally) to get the public riled up enough to put some heat on the FAA and the federal government to stop the furloughs/implement the sequester differently.

The email was not to inform you, it was to enlist you as a vocal ally in the airlines' battle with the FAA.
That's what it seemed like. I know ANC nor SEA were named, but flights have been early for me today from both these airports so far ^ Perhaps AS is being more proactive too to send flights out early to account for delays further in the system as a/c fly today.