FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] TSA Pre-Check / PreCheck Known Traveler program for AA FFs
Old Apr 20, 2013, 3:14 pm
metallo

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just want to add an additional data point for those who have been having issues with clearing precheck (by AA opt-in):

I've been opted-in since some time early last year - precheck only worked for me a couple of times in the beginning, although I frequently travel out of terminals that don't have it (like the SAN commuter terminal, for example), so it was never a big deal for me.

More recently, I noticed that I was never clearing precheck. I had read here that adding your middle name to your AA account might help, so I did that, but it didn't make any difference. I also book a decent amount of travel at the last minute, so I assumed that was probably a reasonable explanation for not clearing.

I've done quite a bit of traveling recently, including through many terminals with precheck, and finally got frustrated enough with the lack of clearing to call AA. This call was on Thursday night, I believe -- was transferred from EXP desk to AAdvantage customer service, and I was told that many people had reported the same problem, and that my name would be added to a list for AA to investigate.

By Saturday morning (<48 hrs later), I cleared Precheck at SEA for a flight to JFK, so whatever problem there was seems to have been fixed for me, although I'll be eager to try it out again in the near future.