FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oh Thai, Why oh Why....
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2013, 4:49 am
dsquared37
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Apologies for the delayed return; we've been inundated with family activities.

Originally Posted by kittiyut
Curious - what was your response to the rude check in agent?
My wife simply shrugged it off and walked toward security/immigration while I attempted to speak with an agent who appeared to oversee the checkin area. After waiting about a minute for her to finish her walkie talkie conversation (without once acknowledging my presence) she listened to my quick review, smirked, said something inaudible and walked toward the counters. At this point I dropped it.

Originally Posted by dfs24
The crew does sound like the ones I got on SIN-BKK last Dec in C. Was even served my main in a economy style tin container. Drinks were only offered once from the trolley and the empty cup conveniently ignored until landing. Crew seemed busy hanging around the empty F section. (A380 flight)
Drinks were only offered from the cart by this crew as well.

Originally Posted by andyptrav
My only complaint and this would apply to all crews on long-haul is would they please serve us a drink then attend to snack and meal preperation (which is their reason for the slow service when asked), it is normally 30 minutes plus from seats belts off before we see the drink trolley and this is also true in F. You get a drink quicker in Y.
This is typically my biggest gripe; upon takeoff that salt and preservative laden snack package is not my first desire.

Originally Posted by aislealways
Sounds like a bad crew on the ground and in the air. Rare I have to believe: I tend to get one or the other (especially ground crew sucking a bit recently out of Singapore).
I agree my experience is not the norm but I found it rather annoying all the same. At least we laughed when remembering a flight from a few years ago with an equally deficient crew: my wife was told quite perjoratively, when she asked for mama, 'I'm sorry, we only have that on big planes' (we were on a 772).