FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TTN: Possible additional expansion
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:36 pm
Jerseyguy

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards, Jetblue TrueBlue, American Advantage
Originally Posted by jonu
I am only 15 minutes away, so this will be great,
My biggest concern right now is parking. When I stopped by last Saturday AM, it is clear that the overflow remote lot does get some use. This is going to compel me to get there sooner than I would have without the parking concerns.
Wow 15 minutes thats GREAT!!! Yeah, you may have to use the remote lot, so yeah its advisable to leave some extra time. Though you may get lucky when I was there Yesterday, there were a number of parking spaces available in both the main and new lot.

I would say don't go thru security till close to your boarding time listed on the boarding pass because security won't take that long and make sure to check for delays via your cellphone because its probably going to be crowded in the post security area. Also reminder NO BATHROOMS past security (also no exit from security you need to ask a security guard to get out via the Baggage claim area) so go before you go thru security. Bathrooms are near the SkyLounge Bar and right next to the Budget/Avis counter in the lobby. Also observation area and SkyLounge Bar aren't well marked they are up the flight of stairs in the lobby closest to the Frontier ticket counter.

Originally Posted by DavyWavy
I think the traveling public may be more resilient than you credit - they may moan and groan a bit, but they'll put up with a lot for low fares and convenience

And both the airport and the airline are very conscious of the constraints and both are getting voluminous feedback from the public.
I hope you are right. I'm glad to hear that they are recieving feedback

Originally Posted by DavyWavy
The anecdotal evidence is that ATL is the leader of the pack - somewhat to my surprise - but could that sustain in winter?

Equally, I'm not sure how much traffic there would be from/to RDU or CMH in deep winter.
Yeah, I'm surprised to hear about ATL too, though Newark doesn't have LCC service to Atlanta. I would have thought MDW would have been #1 but I do agree about RDU/CMH. Also DTW unless there is some VFR traffic I don't know about.

Last edited by Jerseyguy; Apr 17, 2013 at 9:07 pm