FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Blogs vs. Boards
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2013, 3:25 pm
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I'm yet to find a blog that has an in depth comprehensive section explaining things. Instead you have an adaptation of the wordpress engine (and similar generics) to agglomerate posts. There have been attempts to write entire websites, but that effort is bound for failure as things change constantly, especially if you aim to have a substantial coverage of the essential topics. I doubt there is a better way to collect the info by and from volunteers than vbb (and its generic copies). Wikis in itself help, but lack the discussion. vb with wiki maybe a solution. I have applied a few wikiposts to larger threads in the FT M&M and Eurobonus forums as a trial with decent results so far, but doubt its the jaw dropping 'wow' solution to a bb kind of platform.
I respectfully disagree. Not that I want to be his number 1 fan or anything, but MMS posts on stuff like Amazon Payments is massively more useful than the thread in MilesBuzz. All the key info brought together in one easy to find spot (under credit cards/credit card resources) and it is easier to find (#4 on google search of amazon payments just below actual amazon entries - FT thread does not even show on first page of results)