FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Park partly closed due to floods] "Visiting/traveling to Yellowstone Park" thread
Old Apr 17, 2013, 12:21 pm
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by OliverB
Thank you so much for all of your priceless tips and information!

Do you live nearby the parks, or are you have you just visited many times?

Now to plan for Glacier... I'm looking at flying into Seattle for 2-3 days and then taking the Empire Builder through the mountains to spend approx. a week in all sections of the park, including the Canadian side. Planning all of this out is half the fun!

Thank you so much djp98374 for everything!
I live in the shadow of Mt Rainier right now.

I have regularly been a park visitor every year. i regularly get an annual eagle pass.

I have done most of the parks in the continental 48 . I have visited them numerous times.

Because of my ashtma its rare that I ever do those overnight backpacker permit required overnight or multiday hikes.

The only ones I havent done much with has been Some in Alaska, The Black Hills area of South Dakota, Joshua Tree, Great Basin, and Some of the national monuments in southern Arizona.

One trip I would do would be in late March/early April and do Joshua tree and southern arizona.

This summer Im debating about doing SD parks or go to New Mexico and the 4 corners area. Some of those parks I havent been to in over 15 years. either way Id travel out of Denver.

With many of the parks i have done---now its targeting certain seasons to hit the parks.

I have done Yellowstone and Grand Teton in late september a couple of times for fall colors.

I have a particular date in mind that I will go to Grand Teton. I think its Monday August 21, 2017. Total eclipse. hits Grand TetonPEak line crosses just north of Teton Village and the totality band covers just about all of Grand Teton except for the extreme northern part.

http://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/SEgoogl...21Tgoogle.html