FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Park partly closed due to floods] "Visiting/traveling to Yellowstone Park" thread
Old Apr 17, 2013, 11:56 am
djp98374

Programs: Marriott (Silver/Gold), IHG, Carlson, Best Western, Choice( Gold), AS (MVP), WN, UA
Originally Posted by OliverB
I have just a few more questions concerning our time in Teton...

How much time should be devoted to the Lupine Meadows and is that a full day in itself? Would we have time to experience it on our trip or does this require a multi-day hike? We're only planning day hikes or shorter excursions for this trip, so I'd just like to get a better idea of what to expect.

If we do Schwebacher Landing at sunrise one morning, followed by a dip in the Snake River and then an afternoon hiking through Cascade Canyon, Hidden Falls and Inspiration Point, would that be managable for a single day?

What about portions of the Teton Crest Trail - what is the best way to do that and from which vantage point should we set off and until where?

I would definitely like to spend one afternoon at Jackson Lake, swimming, picnicing and hiking around the trailheads. And several hours set aside one morning for kayaking on Jenny Lake.

I would also like to spend an early morning along the Gros Ventre Range and also around Oxbow Bend and Signal Mountain. And I've heard that Antelope Flats is best done around sunset; is this true?

Lastly, what about Death Canyon Trailhead? How essential is this hike and how much time would we need to invest?

With only 3 night in Jenny Lake, I imagine we'll have to plan our itinerary out very efficiently as there's so much that I would like to see and do!

with Lupine meadows I would do two half days. Being there on different days you may see something different. By planning two days you could do the falls on a cloudy thunderstorm threat day, and then do Casacde on a clearer day...or if its going to be cooler on one do the more strenuous hiking of canyon on that day then do the falls on the other day.

I am thinking with Teton Cresct Trail to do it from Teton Village and take the tram up and do the trails from there. How much depends on the day and how you feel.

In August water levels tend to be lower since its snow melt driven. that is the uncertainty. I have been there at different times and water levels fluctuate.