FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados
View Single Post
Old Apr 17, 2013, 8:39 am
patty canuck

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Originally Posted by qbrain
You don't need to ask for the deck area, that is what the beachfront room is. All the beachfronts are on the ground floor and walk out onto a deck that is maybe a couple feet elevated off the sand. What I liked about those rooms were the deck had several seating options and decent shade, but they lack privacy since they are on the ground level.

We didn't have a butler, but even if we did, I can't imagine what I would have ever asked him to do.

If you are used to Fairmont service, Royal Pavilion was kind of a shock. Service is different... imagine Hawaiian service levels being considered uptight. Very friendly, almost familiar interactions with the staff. Sometimes I considered the service too familiar, but not anything that would prevent me from going back. Just different.

The room, any room except a Villa, has got to be one of the best beach rooms ever if you want to be right on the beach. The rooms are just so close to the water, it is awesome.

Tipping, restaurants frequently include gratuity on the bill, otherwise tipping is similar to Canada.
Thanks for that

I usually don't ask for the butler as well. I probably wont ask as much anyway - I like to unpack my own things, etc. I was more wondering about tips such as at the end of the trip? I have seen at another resort in Turks&Caicos it is $100/day/butler at the end of the stay hence the initial question.

I will be looking forward to seeing the differences in the services if any compared to the usual Fairmont expected service.

I saw that the deck is next to the beach, but I read here and in another forum that asking for an awning for extra shade as it is not generally associated with all rooms.

Looking forward to the relaxed atmosphere, scenery and staff- wish the trip was now