FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Park partly closed due to floods] "Visiting/traveling to Yellowstone Park" thread
Old Apr 16, 2013, 8:44 pm
OliverB

Thank you so much for all of your priceless tips and information!

Do you live nearby the parks, or are you have you just visited many times?

I'm so excited for this trip; I've been dreaming about this for so many years and am thrilled that I'm finally making it happen! My wife is busy planning a trip (our honeymoon!) to Japan, which is very exciting, but between you and me -- I'm looking forward to this much more!!

I've been fascinated with America's Nat'l Parks since I was a child; growing up with Disneyland's True Life Adventures series and the Ranger Woodlore cartoons! It brings me right back to childhood days of fishing and camping trips with my dad in Eastern/Northern Canada.

I proposed to my wife at the Ahwahnee in Yosemite this past New Year's (we're now married!) and it was absolutely the most special trip of my life. It was my first time visiting the Park and I was wholly captivated by it. What an enchanting place! I have been to numerous continents and have traveled overseas many times, but there's something about America's unspoiled wildernesses that speak to me most. I suppose it's intrinsic. It's now my determined goal to visit every last Nat'l Park in the country over the course of the next few years and I plan on focusing all of our upcoming vacations towards making this happen! I just recently watched the Ken Burns documentary series on the Nat'l Parks and have been reading John Muir's writings on his time spent in Yellowstone and the Tetons, so in my mind - I'm already up in the rugged high country of the great Western Rockies!

Now to plan for Glacier... I'm looking at flying into Seattle for 2-3 days and then taking the Empire Builder through the mountains to spend approx. a week in all sections of the park, including the Canadian side. Planning all of this out is half the fun!

Thank you so much djp98374 for everything!