FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian budget long-haul [news and experience reports]
Old Apr 16, 2013, 12:41 am
SusanDK

Originally Posted by OFFlyer

The direct flight is great, but that is pretty much it.

Price is pretty much the same - which disappoints me greatly.
+1 It was the direct flight that appealed to my husband, even with a 3 1/2 hour drive to our vacation home in Orlando.

But price surprised me. I'm looking for at least premium economy, if I can't find a creative way to get business class for a reasonable price.

DY is quoting about the same price (ca. DK 11,500) for a non-flexible, non-refundable premium economy return from CPH-FLL as Icelandair is quoting for their fully refundable business class via KEF to SFB.

Granted, Icelandair business class is more like premium economy, but with decent meals and wine, easy transfer in KEF with a great lounge. Also, two pieces of checked-in baggage free vs. one for DY (if that's important to anyone), 2 carry on items (not sure about DY).

The DY fare for a flexible, refundable premium economy is ca. DK 16,000. I'm sure the cabin experience in the 787 is preferable in terms of quietness, air quality, etc., and I'd like to try it someday. The pitch in the DY prem econ seats is 46" vs. only 40" for FI's business class, which is a drawback. But I'm tempted to choose FI over DY for our next trip if I don't find a better deal on SK or another mainliner.