FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Denied Global Entry
View Single Post
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:26 pm
Yoshi212

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
The Judge that sealed my records told me that I was under no requirement to disclose anything in the record that was sealed unless an order was issued stating sealed records.
These were unsealed without my knowledge by the State Department when I applied for a job under their purview which was a bit of a shock but I tend to say that I have sealed records when asked and most don't want to know about them as they are sealed. Nothing bad just stupid college aged stuff that a judge didn't want my future to be centered around. Mighty nice of him. Wishing your record is sealed and having it sealed are two very different things. A cop asking me if I have a record is different than a Federal Agency of which I'm asking to be entrusted with a higher level of ease than the average citizen.

Attitude is a big part of the interview. My first GE interview didn't make it to personal questions. I was refused based on my answer to "How do you feel about security at our borders and airports?"
But I appealed and was given my GE in about 10 minutes during my second interview.