FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ENDED: AA Elite Status Benefits & Most AA Miles Earning on Alaska Airlines (AS)
Old Apr 15, 2013, 9:06 pm
akarneboge

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT 2.6MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
Bumping for a question. Not sure if this might be better suited to the AS forum.

I'm booked on an AS-numbered, AS-operated flight (booked on AS.com), and currently have no relevant status. However, I will hit AA Plat prior to the flight. Will I be able to switch to a better Y seat after getting the status, and if so, any idea how I should do that? I imagine the AS site won't pick anything up, so I'd probably have to call AS/AA?
When the program was first introduced, the AS site picked up my status immediately on flights that were already ticketed for myself and an employee of mine. You may need to call AS to get it updated, or it may just happen for you. I don't think calling AA is the right course of action, as this is an AS ticket and they will refer you to them. AS agents are helpful and nice to deal with, in my experience.