FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United 1K help desk agent hung up my call
Old Apr 14, 2013, 1:03 pm
bfhu

Thumbs down United 1K help desk agent hung up my call

I'm a United 1K member. I usually had good experience when I called United 1K help desk. But yesterday, I had a really bad experience. I called United 1K help desk yesterday, trying to make a change to an existing award travel for my parents. It was a male agent that I spoke to. I was actually surprised to talk to a male agent, since almost every agent I spoke to was a female. I asked him if he could help combine two one-way tickets into one round-trip ticket, so I can add a stop-over. He said no. He could not do it. Then I asked if he could add a return segment to a one way ticket. He said he could not find the available award seats for the flights on the day that I was looking for. However I was able to find the award seats on United's website. So I told him that I was able to find the award seats on United's website. Then he said "go ahead and make the changes online" and hung up.

I had never seen such a rude agent. So I called 1K help desk again and asked another agent to transfer me to a supervisor. The supervisor apologized, but was not able to help me file a complaint. She told me that United will not be able to use the call logs to trace down the agent if he has not touched my tickets.