FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Surreal experience: Int'l flights gets stuck in mud / day lost on business trip
Old Apr 14, 2013, 12:01 pm
TravelingWookiee

Surreal experience: Int'l flights gets stuck in mud / day lost on business trip

I would appreciate any input as to comp, etc. regarding a surreal experience I had last night. I was on a flight from Detroit to Amsterdam and our plane got stuck in the mud after its wheels went off the pavement as we were taxiing for take-off.

The airline kept us at the airport until 3 am or so (for what was supposed to be a 10:20 pm flight) before telling us the flight is cancelled and rebooking us. Beyond the hassle last night, I've lost a day of a business trip in Asia (AMS was the connection) and am busy rescheduling business meetings, hotels, etc. to account for that.

Delta offered a $100 voucher and $50 in airport money as comp, which feels anemic given the situation, especially for a Platinum in business class. Regular customer service didn't offer more on the phone today and I plan to contact corporate customer service during the week.

Could anyone offer some advice or words of wisdom? Is this just the level of Delta customer service these days?

For context:
http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/...-metro-airport