FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 mins and counting to change a flight due to IROPS
Old Apr 14, 2013, 9:37 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by cfischer
but it shouldn't! My last change took a little while as well also with a seasoned PMCO agent (I know this for sure since I heard her say 'common computer, why is it taking you so long ... Continental schedule change ).
I believe the prompt in the system says "Continental Airlines Schedule Change," so the agent was probably just reading the screen. It is COdbaUA after all.

Originally Posted by ilovesprint
When they pick up - can we just ask right away if they are excon or exua? any one ever do that?
I haven't noticed too much of a difference. The computer is the computer, and the type of change often dictates how long it takes (whether it's quick or ridiculous).

Where I've noticed the difference is in the level of accommodation, but even that gap seems to be narrowing now that the ex-UA folks have started to master some of the CO-style blow-off tactics and how to BS themselves out of handling the call, and some of the ex-CO folks have begun being more accommodating after the CS training.