FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 30 mins and counting to change a flight due to IROPS
Old Apr 14, 2013, 8:17 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by star_world
It takes a few seconds for the desk they call to re-sync the ticket. I know this because I've had it done at least 100 times in the past. I think you may have jumped to the wrong conclusion - nothing to do with any computer system.

More likely the agent made the change incorrectly, or they can't get in touch with the person who can make the change in a few seconds.

Now I totally agree that they shouldn't have to call anyone, but it doesn't take 30 minutes to make the change.

There is huge variance in rebooking times. Anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or more. I've had two (2) 1+ hour rebooks year to date, and several 30+ minute ones. Some of these were by seasoned CO agents who were very knowledgeable with the system.

I think if the booking class is there, and you're following the same route, it's much easier than if they have to bump you up a booking class, reroute the ticket, and/or an OAL is involved.

If you're flying IAH-AUS, and they pop you on the next IAH-AUS which is wide open, then it's a piece of cake. Anything more than that, and it gets more difficult, as as a result, more time consuming.