FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Barclays Arrival/Arrival Cards (1.1%/2.2% travel credits)
Old Apr 13, 2013, 1:48 am
romsdeals3

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PainCorp
The WN card is on my list for an eventual AOR when the bonus for Premiere is 50k. I'll then keep it in the drawer for the AF which I'll swallow for the RR points.

If you only use it for non-category spending it's going to take a lot longer to get anything worthwhile that is redeemable. Especially if you have Ink, Freedom and CSP, you'd have almost all categories covered.

Everything I read values an UR point at $.02 (which seems very fair), so really you're only losing out on $.002 per dollar, that's not counting the 7% dividend at the end of the year or CSP which is guaranteed, if you don't redeem the Arrival points for travel, you don't get 10%. I'll happily give up that ~$.002 for having more points in a program I can redeem in more frequently for a very similar value.

That being said, this card is high on my list for my next AOR, if Barclays will let me have it.
UR points are better for premium travel and Barclay is better for economy travel and independent hotels.