FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA to start MIA-TLV and JFK-TLV (maybe LY too)
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:43 pm
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by ELY001
Craz,

This is exactly the point I was making earlier. It does not matter what the American courts have ruled. Israel is a sovereign and independent nation. Since Israeli Courts have ruled that AA is liable for TWA's debts to its former TLV employees, then should AA fly a plane to TLV or attain some asset in Israel, the judgement would attach to the asset until either AA pays what it owes per the Israeli Court ruling or the asset is sold to satisfy the debt.

With the upcoming merger with US, AA now has to make a choice: pay up or get out of the market and expand the codeshare agreement with LY. My bet is that they will pull US out.
And unless theres some sort of reduction in the amount owed I cant see Parker paying it off. AA could have 10 flights a day, its not the Rev that counts but the profits and it will take yrs of profits to fully pay off the debt left by TW and % that has been accuring.

I think US will continue for now to fly PHL-TLV but once they legally are 1 company Bye-Bye.