FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it just me or does JFK suck?
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2013, 2:12 am
ab007

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG DIamond
Originally Posted by chiefwiggumpi
Go to check in at business class... 4 staff on duty at 18.30. This is going well...get to desk I ask about paid upgrade to f. The sarcastic reply about sir you can pay for a full price f ticket at 7000 dollars if you want to we don't sell upgrades here...hmm so im a bit miffed...ok thanks for your none help on that one.

So with 2 hrs to go I'm sat here not happy with BA is it just me or is it flying club world from JFK total rubbish?
As others have said it can be a little hit and miss but I think it's pretty good there personally.

Only asked for F upgrade once there (on cheap ex-eu last year), the lady checked my details on the computer, told me she can provide a quote but it will probably be a lot because I was on a cheap CW ticket... around $7000 was the magic number for me too... I politely declined, anyone who is happy to pay that is already in F!

But yes I've always found the lounge and pre-flight dining excellent so from your story my only concern would be the temperature in the lounge... I wouldn't like to be sat around sweating hot waiting for a flight!