FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United Saver Award/Upgrade Inventory (& partners) - when is it released? [Archive]
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:31 am
zrs70
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by barrima6
So I recently tried to book a couple of round trip flights for my niece and her husband between Newark (EWR) and Jacksonville, FL (JAX) using my miles a week or so ago. They wanted to fly on May 28 (about 8 weeks out at the time I began searching) and what do I find?? United wants to "charge" me 50,000 miles for each round trip ticket! On regional jets, no less. So after taking a day to decide whether I want to use the miles, I decide to do so and get back onto the website to book the travel. And what did they decide to in that 24 hours? The restrict the flights I can use my miles on to 6:00 am or earlier flights each way!

Suffice it to say my opinion of United's "mileage plus" is not very high. I mean, what a joke...what good is it having miles if you can't even use them on conveniently scheduled flights?? God I miss Continental...

Regards,

Manuel Barrios
United 1K Status Flyer
Welcome to your first FT post. I see you are a 1K, yet your post has the feel of someone less experienced with mileage bookings. Was CO that much better?