FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Confirmed: end of euro elite thresholds
View Single Post
Old Apr 10, 2013, 3:04 pm
stimpy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
50% for silver (400 to 600) and 87.5% for gold (800 to 1500). Plus didn't they increase TPs by 15% or so on LH at the same time? (120 to 140 for CW and 180 to 210 for F) can't recall if extra for the SIN /TYO 6000 milers was at the same time too
LAX is my most common BA route which I fly in CW. So if I fly LYS-LHR-LAX return I should gain 360 TP's and if I do that twice along with a couple of CE flights, I have done up my Gold. But now I have to do my LAX trip 4 times plus several more CE flights. That is a significantly higher cost and one that I probably won't make in these difficult times. Thus I will likely not under go the financial burden to retain Gold. And if I don't have Gold and cannot enjoy what I have come to rely on in both excellent service to Gold members, BAEC benefits, and of course T5 GF, I will likely avoid BA unless they are really the low cost option.

If times were better I could probably do 1500 TP's. And if it weren't for the fact that AF, KL and LH are finally adding fully flat business class seats, I would likely keep flying BA. But the competition is catching up and we are still in a tough economy.

And all this isn't even considering that BA moved my home airport to T1 which makes LHR transfers unjustifiably painful. It is certainly not a joyful thing, leaving BA.