FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MOTION PASSED: Create a 'Points & Miles Blogs' Forum
Old Apr 10, 2013, 1:20 pm
DeaconFlyer
Suspended

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Nevertheless, my somewhat philosophical view is that I like the idea of giving new fora a chance; I don't see how a huge harm results if an experiment is later shown not to work well. I also see travel/miles/points blogs as being logically part of the subject of FT, just like travel tools belong here on FT as their discussion is beneficial to FT members. Having a separate forum will avoid all of the difficulties inherent in the megathread. There will also be a distinct area created in which cross comparisons of blogs will be viewed as appropriate and where systematic aspects of particular blogs--such as some being less accurate than others when discussing various FF program rules--can be pointed out. As blogs increasingly censor comments with varying degrees of attempting to eliminate any critical comments, it's important to us on FT to have a place where factual and fair criticism can discussed.

Also for the record, I think BlogTalk or whatever it's called should be a separate forum, probably listed near Travel Tools (maybe call it Blog Tools?) on FT, and not appear as a subforum in Travel News.
So do you envision members being able to talk about MilePoint.com in this new section? Since it is just another source of information.